In this post I will explain how you install Peter Pan Neverland v. 2.3 on a Dreambox DM500HD.
1. Downloading Peter Pan Neverland v. 2.3 Image
First of all you need to find the Peter Pan Neverland v.2.3 Image on the internet.
I found the image on this site:
But you can also find it on this site:
2. Installing Peter Pan
Now we need to update the Dreambox DM500HD with this image (also called a firmware update). Be aware that all settings, plugins etc. on your Dreambox will be removed (normally this would not be a problem - especially not if the dreambox is brand new).
I assume that you Dreambox is connected to your local network and that the Dreambox gets its IP-address from a DHCP-server.
To open for the firmware update you need to do the following:
- Turn off the power to your Dreambox (standby is not enough).
It is recommended that you switch off the power switch.
- On the front of the box you have a power button, press and hold this button.
- Switch on your Dreambox while you continue pressing the power button for about 5 - 10 seconds.
- Your Dreambox should now have received an IP-address from your DHCP server.
Find out which IP-adresss.
- Connect through a browser (In this case I recommend Internet Explorer running in Compatibility State) to the IP, for example: http://192.168.1.105/
- You should get a webpage from your Dreambox on your screen now. In the bottom of this page you should have a link called "Firmware Upgrade". Click this link.
- On the next page choose the Peter Pan Neverland v. 2.3 Image file and push "Flash!".
The image has the .nfi file-extension. If it doesn't have that file-extension, then it is the wrong file!
- The page should now show a progress-bar telling you how far the upgrade process is. When it is done, please reboot the Dreambox.
- Now connect the Dreambox to your TV and start it. You are now running Peter Pan Neverland v. 2.3 on your Dreambox.
- Please run through the Peter Pan Configuration Wizard at the first Startup and make a full channel search.